Newcastle City Centre - Case Study
The CCTV system in Newcastle City centre required and major refurbishment that would play a central role in reducing crime, public disorder offences and traffic incidents. Not only that, any evidence gathered by the refurbished system needed to comply with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE)
2020 carried out a full refurbishment of Newcastle City Centre’s CCTV Surveillance system that fully complied with Police Authority Specifications.
We extended the system to 18 fully functional pan and tilt colour/mono low light cameras, fitted with powerful 20-1 zoom lenses capable of providing recognition of persons at a distance of 180 meters.
The Microwave Transmission was replaced with a Point to point BT fibre optic transmission network.
For the operators the control room was ergonomically re-designed and, in order to enhance recording we introduced a state of the art Digital recording solution.
- Reduced crime, public disorder and traffic incidents
- Reduced fear of crime
- Provide evidence to comply with Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE)
- Surveillance system, Working to meet Police Authority Specification
- 18 fully functional pan and tilt colour/mono low light cameras, fitted with powerful 20-1 zoom lenses Point to point BT fibre optic transmission network
- Ergonomic re-design of operator control room
- Introduced state of the art Digital recording solution