Peter Houlis – CSyP MSyl
‘As a Charted Security Professional, my passion for designing ground-breaking, high-end CCTV, Access Control and Totally Integrated Security Solutions, has been the driving force behind my successful career.’ Peter launched, develops and manages the award-winning company 2020 Vision, to provide sophisticated, powerful, flexible and cost efficient security solutions. With 24/7 after-sales support, people and organisations benefit from living in healthier, safer, more secure and pleasant environments.
Peter’s strengths are in driving growth strategies, building relationships with clients and partners across multiple industries. Delivering the highest standard of service is a priority – resulting in the patronage of high profile organisations – Local Governments, National Utilities, Major Corporations, Universities, Hospitals, Charities, Business Parks, Shopping Centres and Industrial Estates.
Peter has led 2020 Vision to gain industry approval with the Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board and achieved ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management, ISO 14001:2004 and BS OHSAS18001:2007 Accreditations.
In terms of the future, Peter’s ambition is to see 2020 Vision continue to provide first class service and through acquisition, organically grow geographically for the benefit of staff and customers.
- CCTV, Access Control
- Integrated Alarm Systems
- Artificial Intelligence Software
- New Generation IP Cameras
- Concierge Solutions
- Alarm Management
- Security Integration
- Project Management
- Security Maintenance
- IP-based Digital Security Solutions
- Video Analytics / Video over IP
- Security Audits
- Sales & Marketing
- New Business Development
- Leadership + Training
Through Peter’s personal dedication and commitment, 2020 Vision has achieved a high standard of recognition and the patronage of many respected organisations including local government bodies, police and various blue chip companies. Peter is a member of the following committees:
- Board member of the ‘Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board; SSAIB
- Member of the British Standards Institute (BSI) Technical Committee who are responsible for creating European Standards for CCTV
- Member of the Institute of Directors. Peter also advises on National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) for CCTV Installation and Maintenance.
Peter has spent the last 17 years in the intruder alarm and CCTV/access control sector, starting his career in 1986 as an apprentice.
His apprenticeship in the security industry ensured that the depth of knowledge he gained was both in-depth and relevant. He is an expert in his field and since 2020 Vision are the only ‘gold’ approved installer in the UK for Maxpro equipment, he is occasionally asked by Maxpro to give advice about the more complex installations.
With extensive knowledge of the CCTV and access control industry, he has also been asked by Northumbria Police to attend Crown Court to act as an expert witness in a trial concerning CCTV security issues. Peter’s extensive project management experience has included installations and the integration of security systems in a wide range of applications including:
- Universities of Birmingham, Newcastle, Northumbria and City of Sunderland together with complex city centre surveillance in Leeds, Newcastle, Sunderland, South Tyneside, Durham, Barrow in Furness and Gateshead.
- Concierge systems for Holbeck Towers Leeds, Sunderland Housing Group and South Tyneside Housing Estates – our recently designed concierge system is now being marketed worldwide
- Railway station applications at Berwick upon Tweed and Sunderland and a recently developed and fully integrated protection and Global Positioning system for monitoring the security, integrity and location of rolling stock for Egypt Rail – a system which is also gaining interest from a number of Baltic States.
- Specialist systems for Special Branch in the North East area command.
He has achieved a number of qualifications including:
- City & Guilds 185 (Security Systems)
- City & Guilds 1862
- NVQ Level 3
- CDM Regulations (Construction, Design and Management)
- Maxpro – Level 4
Neil’s 15-year security sales career has provided him with expert information on security devices such as CCTV, door access systems, intruder/ fire alarms, and a number of integrated systems solutions. His experience within the security industry makes him an expert advisor on aspects such as the design and sale of surveillance devices. Neil has extensive knowledge of CCTV and access control capabilities that 2020 Vision currently implements.
He also demonstrates a sound awareness of the legislation affecting CCTV and access control equipment in relation to the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Disability Discrimination Act.
As Sales Manager, Neil’s main duty is to work with clients and customers to advise them on the most practical and suitable solution to their security needs. He also provides clients with detailed reports including the specification of equipment, and co-ordinates engineering deadlines that will deliver the customer’s requirements on time to the highest standard. Neil fully understands the requirements expected of him by 2020 Vision, including health and safety at work, compliance with the company’s quality and performance procedures, and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of new products and technology for the engineering staff.
Graeme’s background is from the Intruder, CCTV and Access control industry and he has served five years in the Royal Navy trained to work to exact standards within tight deadlines.
He has considerable experience in security within several sectors. These include commercial, residential, and mixed-use high-rise structures, stadiums and event locations, research and health care facilities, government offices, airports, educational and university campuses, corporate headquarters, financial centres, museums and galleries, five-star resorts, and casinos.
Graeme’s immense experience encompasses the whole process of security system provision. This involves site surveys, preparation of quotations and detailed specifications of tenders from initial design to installation, equipment sourcing, procurement of materials, supervision of sub-contractors, commissioning and hand over to the client. His experience also extends to the compilation of health and safety documentation for clients and principal contractors, to include risk assessments and method statements.
His qualifications include:
- City & Guilds 3466-02 Multi mode fibre optics
- City & Guilds 3466-03 Single mode fibre optics
- City & Guilds 3466-04 Data Communications
- Cable communications system installation Credit Achievement
- Principle & Practical digital cable Credit Achievement
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or to discuss your requirements. We are happy to provide professional impartial advice. Call +44. 0191 296 2662 or request a call back using the simple contact form below.
Download our company profile
2020 Vision – Company Profile
PDF, 692KB, 23 pages