Data Centre Security – Access Control & CCTV Camera Systems
2020 Vision is recognised as a data centre security specialist within the IT sector and can provided state of-the-art network based Access Control, CCTV, intercom and perimeter protection systems for data centres. Our experience of the operational requirements and restrictions of working within these demanding facilities is extensive.
A data centre has a huge commitment to its customers to ensure the data it stores is secure. Data centre providers need to be adept at demonstrating just how secure their data is, as customers need to be confident that their data will never be compromised.
Physical security should be a priority for data centre security designers, including the following minimum layers of physical security:
- Perimeter security
- Mantraps into the data centre
- Access systems into rooms
- Secure locked cabinets
- Biometrics (where required)
No one should enter or leave the premises without proof of identity and all visitors should be checked against defined access lists.
It’s critical to have control over who can enter your data centre and this may be in the form of access cards or biometrics:
- A biometric system scans the fingerprint or iris of the person trying to enter the data centre. Any unauthorised access attempts result in the individual being unable to pass through the data centre’s mantrap.
- A mantrap has two sets of interlocking doors, and identification, preferably biometric, is required at both points. If the biometric system, activates the security alarm then all doors will lock restricting the individual from accessing the site.
Typical data centre security systems include:
- Perimeter Fencing
- Perimeter Intrusion Detection
- Security gates, barriers & turnstyles
- Access Control (biometric/proximity card)
- Airlocks and mantraps
- Audio/Video Intercom
- Intruder alarm
- Security Management System
Our award winning in-house team of accredited and qualified hardware and software engineers can design, install and maintain data centre security systems and provide a full project management solution.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or to discuss your requirements. We are happy to provide professional impartial advice. Please call: +44. 0191 296 2662 or request a call back using the simple contact form below.
Download our security solutions brochure
2020 Vision – Security Solutions
PDF, 2.4MB, 24 pages